Kentucky Diabetes Endocrinology Center has served patients for over 26 years. We are an independent clinic of two physicians and two physician’s assistants specializing in endocrinology, or disorders of hormones and metabolism. We have a team of certified diabetic educators who work closely with our physicians to provide our diabetic patients the best education and care possible. Our education department is accredited by the American Association of Diabetes Educators.
Some of the more common conditions which are evaluated or treated by us include:
- Diabetes: Type 1, Type 2, Gestational, Latent Autoimmune Diabetes of Adulthood (LADA)
- Pituitary Disorders: Pituitary Adenoma, Pituitary hormone deficiencies/excesses
- Adrenal Gland: Tumors, Cushing’s syndrome, Addison’s disease, Pheochromocytoma, Aldosteronism
- Gonadal: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Hypogonadism, Turners Syndrome
- Thyroid: Hyperthyroidism, Hypothyroidism, Goiter, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Thyroid nodules, Thyroid cancer
- Bone: Osteoporosis/Osteopenia, Vitamin D Deficiency, Hyperparathyroidism
Since our physicians only treat endocrine related conditions, our patients must have a primary care physician who will treat any non-endocrine issues that may arise.